There are 3 steps that you need to take in order for your team to complete all of the NCAA requirements.
TEAMS WILL NOT BE PLACED ON THE SCHEDULE UNLESS ALL 3 STEPS ARE COMPLETED.
STEP 1: COACHES REGISTRATION
- As a coach you need to have your Gold license in order to register your team.
Click here to get coaches certification
- DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE. There are three videos you will have to watch with test at the end & the overall process of this takes roughly 3 hours !! + background check can take a minimum of 3 weeks they warn!!!
- Even if you are coaching a 11- 13 under aged team, any coach on the sideline you must follow all of these steps as well to be part of a NCAA Certified Event
- All coaches will be asked for ID at all Check-In Areas at each event and you must be listed on a team's roster in order to receive coaching creditials.
CLICK HERE FOR ECAG - STEP BY STEP GUIDE FOR
USAB Gold License
- As soon as you have your Gold License number, all coaches and asst coaches must register on the NCAA website
Click here to register as a Gold Certified Coach with the NCAA
- Until you have obtained a USAB GOLD License, you WILL NOT be able to perform any activity in the BBCS beyond creating a user account. This mean that you WILL NOT be able to:
- Search for other coaches or athletes;
- Create a BENCH of participants;
- Create a ROSTER to participate in an event;
- Apply to request NCAA certification of an event or league.
- It will no longer be permissible for a team administrator who is not approved as a coach to enter information into the BBCS
STEP 2: ATHLETE REGISTRATION
- All student-athletes must now be registered with the Eligibility Center before they can update or create their BBCS profile. The link to start that process is here. www.eligibilitycenter.org
- Any new Eligibility Center accounts are encouraged to select the DIVISION III or UNDECIDED account, which is free of charge.
- Once the process is completed, the student-athlete will receive a 10 digit ID number. This number will be required when logging into the BBCS for the first time. At this point, the student-athlete may log onto ncaa.bbcs.org and either update or register their player profiles.
- Users from last year SHOULD NOT CREATE A DUPLICATE ACCOUNT and instead use the same e-mail log-in from the previous season.
- Once logged in, student-athletes will be required to update any information that may have changed from last year.
- These accounts should be completed by the player’s parent/guardian if the player is under 18. COACHES SHOULD NOT BE CREATING THESE ACCOUNTS.
- Most questions can be resolved using the Athlete Registration QuickStart Guide found here:
GUIDE FOR ATHLETE REGISTRATION
- As a reminder, here is a link on appropriate use of addresses for student athletes: Click Here
- Having student-athletes choose the correct residency option will save you time and decrease any issues throughout the process.
STEP 3: TEAM ROSTER / EVENT OPT IN
- To use the new system, you MUST have your USAB Gold License. If you do not have your Gold License, go back to step #1
- All Coaches must create an account, not just the head coach.
- All athletes must create an athlete account as well - Step #2
- You will be able to invite coaches and players to your bench once they have created an account.
- Once they have accepted the invite, you will be able to create your roster per event
GUIDE TO BUILD ROSTERS
Go to www.bbcs.ncaa.org to enter team info and rosters for each event.
STEP 4: NEW -TEAM FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE
For every NCAA event that the team attends, and they will need to disclose for every player attended, the total amount paid by the player to the club, how much went toward that event, uniforms and other expenses, they will need explanations for any donations collected, or inconsistencies in what other players in the club paid, etc. They do not have the final document up that you will need to submit at this time but you still need to register in order to finalize your team on the BBCS. You can register as 1 team or a club.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE FOR TEAM FINANCES